Re: New Working Draft

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:31:36 -0800
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Although I don't care much about what sequence is used to refer to the
accessibility of the content and the tool, I do think all priorities
should be stripped.  We are down to few enough now that to rank them
diminishes some needlessly.  If we find any excuse for downgrading some
checkpoints we can but I don't want to.  The whole thing is a *top
priority* and one person's "can't use without" is another's "that would
be nice".

I still propose 3.1.3 to emphasize that just a text view is not enough
and that the "structure tree" is important to authoring and not just to
navigating.  In Amaya, if I'm not mistaken it is possible to do certain
editing functions directly from the structure view?
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE