Re: Plane Comments (take deux)

From: Jutta Treviranus <jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:30:06 -0500
To: dd@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Daniel wrote:

>This is a recurrent topic: to me, splitting up automatic processes
>from regular authoring tool process is non-sense: it's all automatic
>under the cover.

Yes, it is all automatic and thus the same under the cover but we are
addressing both what is under the cover and the cover! Authoring processes
that are under the direct control of the author have a user interface (a
series of dialogues or other interface items), automatic processes do not.
We are encouraging authoring tool developers to do something specific and
special with that user interface (e.g., offering accessible practices
first). Therefore we need to make the distinction.
Perhaps you can suggest a better way to make the distinction.