RE: WAI AU guidelines comments

At 05:08 PM 1/13/99 +1100, Rob Cumming wrote:
>In this context HTML 3.2 still
>represents the level of markup that the
>majority of our users want to work to, with perhaps a third of them
>seriously utilizing HTML 4.0 markup, perhaps a tenth
>might dabble with CSS 1 and XML/CSS 2 dont even get on the radar.

Maybe we should add something allowing for Authoring Tools to have
different levels of "checks." In the preferences, a user says they only
want to program in HTML 3.2, (default being 4.0), and as they program, they
are told when something is NOT accessible according to HTML 3.2...

>In my experience the average government official cant tell their head from
>their butt, let alone comprehend the
>varieties of HTML techniques that are accessible in the varieties of user
>agents.

You are right. The minute we present this to any govt. official...they're
going to snore away. They don't care about many of these issues because
quite a lot of them are running 386/486 machines with Nescape 2.0.
--
B.K. DeLong                  360 Huntington Ave.
Director                         Suite 140CSC-305

http://www.world-webmasters.org
bkdelong@naw.org