Perl, C++, VB and autogenerated HTML

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:58:57 -0800
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
It occurs to me that we should consider talking to the authors of
various packages for programming languages, that generate HTML
as part of a CGI library.

For example, CGI.pm for Perl lets a programmer create scripts that
generate HTML, using perl routines.  E.g.:

     hr;

This produces an <HR> tag.  There is the potential to generate non-
accessible HTML as the "raw markup" is hidden from the programmer;
likewise, there's potential here to increase accessibility on a
number of sites that use these standard libraries, if we can get
accessibility considerations included in future releases of the
code.

This sounds like an authoring tool issue -- I'm a newbie, have we
addressed this before?

Design an accessible web site:                http://www.kynn.com/+fedweb
Enter the Virtual Dog Show                        http://www.dogshow.com/
Enroll now for my online CSS course!             http://www.kynn.com/+css