More commnets on the Introduction of 17 June AU Guidelines

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:57:34 -0400
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Reference Document:
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/WAI-AUTOOLS-19990617

1) The title "Scope of these Guidelines" confuses me.
   This section discusses two things: (a) the audience
   for the guidelines (b) what is meant by authoring
   tool. I think 1.1 should be merged into the first
   two paragraphs of the Introduction and follow
   this outline:

   - Authoring tools play a critical role
   - Here's what we mean by authoring tool
   - Markup must be accessible (cf. WAI-WEBCONTENT)
   - Tool must promote accessible authoring practice
     (e.g., by automating tasks)

   Note: This proposal kind of subsumes one I
         just sent on the Introduction text.

2) The term "Web format" is used several times, as is
   "Web content". What's the difference?

3) In fourth bullet, propose adding the word "content"
   after "multimedia".

4) I think section 1.2 should be dropped and replaced
   by a section entitled "How the Guidelines are
   Organized", as in the Web Content Accessibility and
   UA Accessibility guidelines. Refer to [2].

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WAI-WEBCONTENT-19990505/#organization