Re: proposed re-wording of goals statement

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:57:03 -0400 (EDT)
To: "gregory j. rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
cc: Authoring Tools WG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>, Unagi San <unagi69@concentric.net>
Actually, I prefer Gregory's summary of what these goals are expressing for
conciseness, and I have no strong feelings one way or the other on the
flavour of list used.

charles

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, gregory j. rosmaita wrote:

  1. the tool itself must be accessible
  2. the tool must create accessible content by default
  3. the tool should provide as much user-configurability as possible, and
  4. the tool should teach authors how to construct well-structured,
     accessible pages, even if it does so in a subliminal manner

  One last note: Regardless of whether or not either my re-wordings are
  accepted, I would like to "see" the list type used to enumerate these
  goals changed from the current unordered list to an ordered list.

  gregory.
    DELIBERATION, n.  The act of examining one's bread to determine
    which side it is buttered on.
                              Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
                  Gregory J. Rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
    Camera Obscura:           http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/index.html
    VICUG NYC:          http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html
    Read 'Em & Speak:   http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/books/index.html