Re: GJR's Proposed Rewording for Checkpoints 2.1.3, 2.1.3, 2.1.5

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 12:27:17 -0700
To: "gregory j. rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
CC: Authoring Tools WG <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>, Unagi San <unagi69@concentric.net>
In the proposed 2.1.3 I wonder if anyone else suffers the same confusion
I do as to what the "rendered view" is.  Is that the view being used by
the author while editing or the view to be "rendered" on the Web?  At
first blush it would seem that you would want to change the
"presentational markup defined for the published document" without
changing the "editing view" and vice versa.

It is frustrating to know exactly what we want the checkpoint to say but
we keep getting picky about how to say it.

Perhaps: The author's view and the published view must be mutually
independent.

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE