Re: Wording of second goal

From: <Bruce_Roberts/CAM/Lotus@lotus.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:26:00 -0400
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
I take the word "will" to mean the tool must ALWAYS create accessible content.
Am I reading too much into that word?  I.E. the tool can't ever create
inaccessible content even under user configurable settings.  An example where I
might decide as an author to create potentially inaccessible markup would be if
I used PowerPoint to generate PDFs on web pages for my talk at a conference or
for my Intranet.  If it's possible to do that by changing default settings in
the tool does that mean it doesn't achieve the goal??  If so, I have a problem
with the goal as stated.  I prefer either of the following statements:

     Authors can create accessible content

     The authoring tool creates accessible content.

-- Bruce

love26@gorge.net (William Loughborough)@w3.org on 06/02/99 05:01:41 PM

Please respond to love26@gorge.net

Sent by:  w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org