Checkpoint 3.2.2

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:10:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
In discussion with Phill Jenkins he suggested that checkpoint 3.2.2 "Allow
the author to display equivalent content of multimedia objects" should refer
to editing alternative content, and belonged in Section 2. I had taken this
as an assumption, but I think especially in the context of tools such as word
processors it does indeed deserve explicit checkpoint status.

I therefore propose we include a checkpoint in 2.3 saying
"Allow the author to edit alternative content of multimedia objects", of
priority 1. (This is one of the many checkpoints that will be automatically
fulfilled by completing the P3 requirement for the "alternative content
management" or "ALT text registry", but is itself a higher priority
requirement)

Charles