Re: "make the tool accessible"

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:19:05 -0700 (PDT)
To: charles@w3.org (Charles McCathieNevile)
Cc: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Charles wrote:
> I propose that we place the new guideline we are expecting to create first in
> the list. Since the next few will deal almost exclusively with content
> generation, I think it will be helpful to alert the reader's mind before we
> come to the guidelines where there is less distinction.

Besides this point, it's also true that the vast majority of
the guidelines we provide ALSO must be accessible to disabled
users.  In other words, where we talk about 'help', it's also
clear that the help should be accessible (and perhaps there
should be a special note in the techniques for each item about
how to do it accessibly in the tool?).

So the first guideline covers ALL of the rest, and thus it makes
sense for it to be placed first as "basic functionality" and
not last as "an afterthought".

--Kynn