Re: Merging or Splitting Sections

At 05:07 PM 5/11/1999 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>This chopping and rechopping sections went on for most of the pre-rec life of
>the Web Content Guidelines. I can think of 2 new ways of dividing the
>document up in the last 10 minutes. I think that the various divisions are
>arbitrary, although some will be readily understood by more people than
>others.

Right.  I really would rather have them be one big section with
10 or so subpoints, because that allows people to build their
OWN mental divisions as they read them, rather than us forcing
something on them.

And presumably it allows for education and outreach materials
which may target one specific group to format things as they
wish, too.  (I'm assuming that while the normative form of all
WAI deliverables is the way they're defined in the working
groups, these specifics may be rewritten in the future at
some time, e.g. the WCAG --> Quicktips.)

So, have we proven that all divisions are arbitrary and it's
better just to stick with a straight list yet? :)

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member