techniques/examples

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 07:15:51 -0700
To: au <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
I have been puzzled (creeping senility strikes again) by how to separate
techniques from examples and it's getting clear.  The techniques
"document" raises a lot more questions than it answers and will require
a bevy of contributions in the form of examples; e.g., "Ensure that
accessibility solutions are present in all help text descriptions of
markup practices (e.g., IMG elements should appear with "alt-text" and a
"longdesc" attribute wherever appropriate)." cries out for some specific
code examples that the tool developer might even want to include in the
product.  Same for almost every technique.  So there are several CPs/GL
and there must be a multiplicity of techniques for most CPs and many
examples for each technique??  The latter need not be "official" or even
the province of this working group - we're above all that <sheepish
grin> (did anyone ever see a sheep grin?).  So when we are at last call
we might put in a request for contributions to the example set?
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE