Weighing in on priority definitions

From: Bruce Roberts/CAM/Lotus <Bruce_Roberts/CAM/Lotus@lotus.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:00:28 GMT
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
I won't be able to phone in for today's teleconference but wanted to give
my opinion on priority redefinitions.  I feel strongly that the definitions
should stay close to the way they are.  The current wording will make it
much easier for software developers to produce conforming tools and markup
because:

1)  The wording is similar to the wording in other AI documents, in
particular User Agent and Web Content accessibility guidelines.  This makes
it easier to gain a consistent sense in and across the development
community for what compliance means.  This also argues for keeping one set
of guidelines for all sections of the document.\
2)  The wording is tight enough that checking comformance is possible.  I
believe that alternatives proposed to this point make this checking more
difficult.

-- Bruce