Re: Inter-document navigation

I would propose expanding the definition of 3.2.2 to include tools whose
scope is wider than a single document. Given the explanation of scope in
the intro to the guidelines I think this can best be made clear in the
techniques, and would reinforce the idea that the scope of our deifinition
of authoring tool needs to be considered, each kind of tool needs to be
considered in teh context of the content it produces - be that image,
page, site, database-backed intranet, etc.

Charles

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Jan Richards wrote:

  Jan Richards wrote:
  > General musing: the difference between (1) an authoring tool site map,
  > (2) a site map placed as content in a document and (3) site displays by
  > browser-OS hybrids could get very fuzzy depending on implementation
  > details. Should we explicitly mention that all methods for navigating to
  > and accessing documents for editing must be accessible?

  As a reply to myself I propose a checkpoint for 3.3 (Provide accessible
  navigation) to expand this guideline to inter- as well as intra-document
  navigation:

  Ensure that all methods for navigating to and identifying documents for
  editing are accessible.

  Jan Richards
  jan.richards@utoronto.ca
  ATRC