techniques vs demonstrable outcomes

From: Jutta Treviranus <jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 14:34:29 -0500
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Given the discussion about techniques and given the decision last
conference call to allow the developer alot of leeway to distinguish their
product from others when following the guidelines, I propose we rename and
rework techniques.
The goals appear to be:
- we don't want to dictate how a guideline is achieved
- we want something that can be checked for conformance
How about "demonstrable outcome" as a replacement for technique. What we
would put in there is the desired outcome of following the guideline as a
measurable or verifiable statement.

Any thoughts?