Re: Null Alt Text

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:34:58 -0500
To: "Charles (Chuck) Oppermann" <chuckop@microsoft.com>, <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
>a HTML authoring tool should never
>automatically set ALT=""...

I agree. But it still happens.

If a screen reader comes across an image that has ALT="", can we reccomend
that it informs the user an image is there? The screen reader would still
speak "image" or "image, no alt text".

If a screen reader comes across an image that has ALT ="  " (Alt text with
spaces), can we reccomend that it ignore the image or pause it's output?

Chris