RE: Conference call Minutes

Chuck wrote:
>However, I disagree with the focus on *documents*.

My response:
Point well taken. I think we have avoided the limiting term "document" in
the actual document.

Chuck wrote:
>2. It was decided that a text only view be recommended.
>>>

>You mean, allow the authoring tool to render the current page in text view?
>How practical is that?  I know that FrontPage simply calls out to Internet
>Explorer to do it's rendering.  Seems like a big work item to ask authoring
>tool developer to build in a text view.  Each authoring tool might have a
>different concept of what "text view" means.  Does it mean what LYNX does,
>or does it mean the raw HTML without all the markup and no formatting?

The point here is to allow the author to see what it will look like with a
text browser. This would not be a priority 1. Authoring tools frequently
produce several views of the document, seperate from the final rendering.