Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:22:17 +0100
From: alexabeshenov@gmail.com
To: w3c-translators@w3.org
Subject: I'm new - please help

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if I am emailing the right group email here, but I will ask my question anyway.

I am close to finishing my degree in modern European language translations, and have been speaking to Coralie about translating documents on the site. I have had a look around and I'm a little bit confused (probably because I'm new!).

I'm unsure what the do next - I would like to translate a document from English into either French or Spanish (or a registered sub-dialect of these languages). I can communicate in 4 other languages, but I would like to brush up my skills first!

Can anyone (who understands the whole searching process more than me!) help me by letting me know which important documents are needing translating into these languages. Of course, because it is my first document I would like a smaller one - then work my way up!

I am happy to volunteer and contribute to the community and if someone shows me how to find a piece that needs translating I will begin translating it right away!

Thank you so much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you,

Alexa