Re: Future REC writing.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Dubost" <karl@la-grange.net>
To: <w3c-translators@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 12:25 PM
Subject: Future REC writing.

| It will be very useful for the translators to have a tag or a rule to
| distinct a word from an element or attribute name.
|
| In a descriptive text to explain a notion or an element name, we have
| the use of the same word, because the keywords of a REC have english
| meaning.
|
| For example, you could have a definition in HTML, that explains the
| body and the use of body. But one is the word body and the other is
| the tag <body>. This difference appears when you translate the
| document. Could it be possible to have the systematic use of
| <code>body</code> or "body" as certains recommendations do?

I agree; 'code' should be used. This is in my opinion the right way of writing
element and attribute names, and makes them easier to read (as they're usually
displayed in a monospace font -- perhaps in another colour). And I'm sure it's
useful from an accessibility perspective too ('code' can be spoken in a
different voice using speech synthesis).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer