Re: draft proposal for catalog resolution

Paul Grosso wrote:
> Where do you get the "line delimited" idea?

I came in what that preconception and always read the grammar that way.
Thanks for setting me straight.

> This is not true for SGML Open catalogs, and I have no reason to
> read Michael's latest proposal to imply this either.
>
> Record ends are just part of whitespace in the catalog.

Is there any good reason that we need that flexbility? Perl programming
really is a lot easier when things are one per line. Not that the
alternative Perl program is *difficult*, but I can see an implementation
cost, and I can't see the usability benefit in allowing people to put
more than one per line.

 Paul Prescod