----- Begin Included Message -----

From: paul@arbortext.com (Paul Grosso)

> From: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
>
> Where does the processor find the XML catalog?

I don't seem to see this as an issue that is necessarily tied to
either having PUBLIC in XML or to using a Catalog for PUBLIC ids.
So my answer is to say that's a separate question.

But, I gather from your question that you don't see it that way.
So my answer is to ask you another question:  how will the processor
find the style sheet?  If we can solve this problem, surely we can
figure out how to point to a catalog.

For example invent a PI such as James suggested for the stylesheet:

	At 08:29 18/03/97 -0800, Jon Bosak wrote:

	>| So allow the processing instructions.
	>
	>When we start downloading a DSSSL stylesheet from the server, I think
	>that this is probably the method we'll try first.  Of all the
	>alternatives, I like James Clark's last suggestion best for initial
	>experimentation:
	>
	><?XML-stylesheet type="text/dsssl" href="foo.dsl"?>

So why not something like:

	<?XML-catalog type="sgml-open-catalog" href="foo.soc"?>

Note that the MIME type "sgml-open-catalog" is *already* registered,
and the XML catalog would be a valid subset.  Or, we could use a
subtype such as
	type="sgml-open-catalog/xml-catalog"
or you could register
	type="xml-catalog"