Re: FPI resolution

   | > This particular problem is
   | > due to the HTML specification, which Peter has implemented correctly,
   |
   | Uh?

   The HTML spec gives a series of more to less specific FPIs; the sample
   you gave is an unspecific one, which allows a lot of scope for variation
   in what gets returned by any service.  I think you are doing a right thing
   here, per the spec.

Ah, I see. I just too the FPI from within the comments of each DTD
without too much checking except for syntactical validity. The claims
implied by each FPI are really something for the authors du jour :-)

   In the context of this query URL, SYSTEM could be but need not be
   thought of as signifying, "here's what Peter has on his system."

Right, and my target was not to serve up my personal versions, but the
canonical copy taken from whatever archive is supposed to hold it.

   I was thinking of
      http://www.ucc.ie/cgi-bin/SYSTEM?-//Davenport//DTD DocBook//EN

Looks kinda funny, but I see what you mean. I'm not clear what
advantage there is to giving an FPI in a sysid, though.

///Peter