Re: those predeclared entity refs

At 17:52 13/3/97 -0800, altheim wrote:

>  b. if the reference delimiter is changed, (eg., '<' to 'foo') then
>     the entity reference ('&#ERO') changes with it
>But from what I can gather, they can't be used in a document instance.
>nsgmls returns an error such as
>
>   "ERO" is not a function name

You could always define a set that gave you entity names such as
&ERO; &MDO; &MDC; &LIT; &LITA; ...
As cap names ware less likely than lowercase ones in user declared sets these
should be fairly safe from name clashes with user-defined sets, and should
stand out as keywords because they are in caps.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/