Re: Last word on LINKTYPE (ha, ha!)

At 3:40 PM 3/6/97, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:

>Obviously, any entity manager could be designed so that you could "slip in"
>a LINKTYPE declaration without actually having in the document entity,
>although this is, of course, a hack.

Only a hack as you described it.  But what SP does (I'm fairly sure--I
haven't actually used SP, but I know James) is not to slip a LINKTYPE
declaration into a pre-existing document entity; rather it creates the
document entity out of more than one pre-existing file.  Which is the job
of the entity manager, and doesn't violate SGML principles or rules.

Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!

davep@acm.org