Re: Last word on LINKTYPE (ha, ha!)

At 12:37 6/3/97 -0500, David Durand wrote:

>Last I heard, MARK-IT used significant comments in LINK delcarations to
>invoke a scripting language. Maybe it does something different now?

While MARK-IT provided a mechanism for attaching scripts to both IMPLICIT
and SIMPLE links it also allows IMPLICIT links of the type proposed by Steve
Pepper to be run in pure SGML mode. However, as it is SGML conformant, it
will not allow you to use the barstadized form suggested by Steve for XML
(which, incidentally, will never be approved by WG8 as an extension to SGML
while I am on the committee as it is application specific!)
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/