New list: XML-DEV

I am very pleased to announce the availability of a new mailing list
devoted to issues of special interest to XML software developers.

To subscribe to the new list, called XML-DEV, send a message to
majordomo@ic.ac.uk with the line

   subscribe xml-dev name@address

(where name@address is your actual email address) in the body of the

   unsubscribe xml-dev

To see other facilities available from the mail server, send a message
containing just the word

   help

An initial message to the list and an "info" blurb for the list appear
below.

On behalf of the XML community, I would like to thank Peter
Murray-Rust of the Virtual School of Molecular Sciences
(peter@ursus.demon.co.uk) for organizing the list and Henry Rzepa of
the Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, London (rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
for agreeing to serve as the list coordinator.  The XML-DEV list is
certain to become a major resource as XML moves toward realization.

Jon

 Jon Bosak, Online Information Technology Architect, Sun Microsystems
 2550 Garcia Ave., MPK17-101,           |  Best is he that inuents,
 Mountain View, California 94043        |  the next he that followes
 Davenport Group::SGML Open::ANSI X3V1  |  forth and eekes out a good
 ::ISO/IEC JTC1/SC18/WG8::W3C SGML ERB  |  inuention.