Re: 2.1 a-d: Link Recognition by Reserved Attribute?

[Tim Bray:]

| Having written this, I'm beginning to discover a new hard-minimalist
| enclave I can gleefully retreat into; why not always do it via GI?
| That question is not rhetorical; perhaps someone can explain the
| downside to this, and the upside to supporting AF-like attribute
| signalling?

(All Tim has to do is to label his position "hard minimalist" and I'm
automatically for it...)

I don't know how this discussion is going to turn out, but to me the
burden of proof falls very strongly on the people who want to have
multiple mechanisms to accomplish the same thing.

Jon