Re: 2.4: Link recognition by processor fiat?

>2.4: Should we allow that processors can decide that something is a link for
>     their own unspecified reasons, e.g. hardwired knowledge of their own
>     private element types, or external interaction?

Whilst there can be nothing to stop this happening with any XML or SGML
application we should actively discourage the development of browser
specific linking mechanisms, otherwise Netscape and Microsoft will never get
interworking sets of XML documents!
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/