Re: 2.1 a-d: Link Recognition by Reserved Attribute?

Tim Bray wrote:

> The ERB schedule calls for voting on these Feb. 19th.
> I've take the liberty of grouping a few here that seem totally related.
>
> 2.1.a Should we allow link recognition via a reserved attribute?

Yes.  That is the most unobtrusive way unless you want to use
PIs.  Then you have IADS.

In general, arch forms bother me to this day.  They still look
like a way to have class inheritance without specifically
defining the machinery for classes and inheritance.

> 2.1.b If so, should we generalize this and say that it's an AF?

It opens up an entirely new specification to
write or a to reference HyTime.  Is an archForm a real class
indicator, or just a conventional set of parameter entities?
Can an arch form inherit arch forms?

> 2.1.c If so, should we provide an introduction to AF's?

Yes.

> 2.1.d If we allow such recognition, what should the attribute be, and
>       what should be the values for each element type we define?

This doesn't seem possible to decide without a description of
what XML archForms are.

len