Re: 1.c-d: Define a Link Processor and Communicate With It? (repost)

[Len Bullard:]

| Can we use XML hyperlinking to build controls with predictable
| behaviors unless we agree on the behaviors?

No, but specifying behaviors directly isn't the only way to handle
this.  The fundamental agreement needed to make communication happen
isn't an agreement about how things act but about what they mean.  So
to me the logical way to establish communication is to agree on a set
of shared meanings and then agree on a mechanism for associating
behaviors with those meanings.

Jon