Re: text/xml volunteers needed [SHORTTAG]

> >They also use SHORTTAG, but this is YES in the XML SGML declaration in
> >order to allow use of NET, and hence is sort of half allowed ;-), although
> >forbidden by the XML specification prose.
>
> If "forbidden by the XML specification prose", then using SHORTTAG other
> than for the NET trickery is forbidden in XML, not "sort of half allowed".
>
> In any case, as soon as the TC is adopted, XML will cease treating the
> "CPTAGC" as a NET, and presumably will specify SHORTTAG NO.
>
> Don't expect *any* XML system to tolerate other SHORTTAG stuff.

I expect that all currently existing SGML systems that support XML
at all will tolerate all SHORTTAG stuff, as well as incorrect use of
the NET syntax.  This has been discussed before, and I meant nothing more
than this by "half allowed".  I'm sorry I wasn't clear.  The context
was one of pragmatic validation, where it is relevant.

Lee