[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Relationship Taxonomy Questions

At 7:46 AM 1/23/97, Terry Allen wrote:
>I wrote:
>>Put another way, I need to be able to bind link behavior to my document,
>and I want to be able to describe relationships  that do not map
>to behaviors.
>
>I meant "behaviors that do not map to relationships" (also).

   As I noted, this is fundamentally against the "SGML" way. This argument
is already over for document processing (at least in this group). We need
not repeat it for link processing.

   Both links and document elements represent fuzzy "human-semantic" items
that can be processed in different ways in different contexts.

  -- David