Re: back to XML: The "You Babe" problem

At 22:32 15/01/97 GMT, Christopher R. Maden wrote:
>I'd still like to hear a counterargument to defining the reserved
>Unicode stuff as case-insensitive, non-namespace-eating, looking-like-
>charrefs, FUNCHARS (&#U-bABe;).

A character string is still recognized as a delimiter when its first
character is entered using a named character reference. Also the SGML
declaration that would be required for an SGML parser to handle this syntax
would not be very practical. The only really satisfactory solution is an
SGML extension (which I hope that the SGML TC currently under discussion
will provide).

James