Re: Using HyTime Arcform stuff (was Re: Ephemeral XML?)

At 11:18 AM 1/14/97, Joe English wrote:
>IOW, an author can use <?XML-arch...> to explicitly specify
>which architectures the document uses, or can leave it out
>to indicate that it (at least potentially) uses every predefined
>XML feature.  [Since the latter option is IMHO the moral equivalent
>of using a one-size-fits-all DTD, I _personally_ would not want
>to go this route, but there are plenty of current HTML users who
>would no doubt prefer it.]

I think this is very nice. It's simple, controllable, and it also gets a
reasonable default behavior without being too yucky.

>This is of course all based on the assumption that there
>will be more XML-based architectures in the future; if
>hyperlinking is the only semantic we plan to predefine,
>I'd be perfectly happy with "use any GI as long as it's not
>ALINK."

Since I think the list of AFs is already going to be at least 4-5 items, I
don't like this (my memory runs more to the minus rather than the plus side
of 7 +/- 3)

   -- David