Re: # or ? in URLS (was BOS confusion)

[Eliot Kimber, in passing:]

| If understand the implications, we'd be saying that for the mime type
| "xml" (or x-xml, I suppose)

I've been informed by Reliable Sources that the latest recommendations
(it seems that I was one edition behind) say that you should *not* use
x-whatever for MIME types that are intended to be standardized at some
time in the future.  I've fallen behind on getting the MIME
registration straightened out, but the best information that I have
right now is that we should be using a MIME type of text/xml (or
application/xml -- I've gotten mixed opinions on this) from the
beginning, not x-xml.

Jon