Re:Link Indirection

At 08:16 PM 1/5/97 +0000, Digitome Ltd. wrote:

>Okay, I see what you are saying. However, wouldn't differing element type
names
>from those in the XML-Link architecture be the norm rather
>than the exception when existing tomes of SGML are being XML'ified for WEB
>delivery?

Probably.

>Is requiring an XML Browser to retrieve+process the DTD in order to map
>element type name "FigRef" to "alink" a bit onerous?

But we're not necessarily requiring the DTD--the mapping can be with
explicitly-specified attributes (rather than with #FIXED attributes).  It
just means adding the attributes to the instance in the case where the DTD
has been omitted (or is indicated as not being required for processing).

Cheers,

E.

--
W. Eliot Kimber (eliot@isogen.com)
Senior SGML Consulting Engineer, Highland Consulting