[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More proposals -- and some critical implementation issues

David writes:
>So, given that, I propose for discussion:
>
>XML linking architecture is indicated by an attribute:
>
>-XML-ARCH-LINK
>
>We have AFs something like this:
>
><!attlist (whatever) -XML-ARCH-LINK (none | clink | ilink | location) "none">

Playing the devil's advocate....

Assuming that link behaviour *will* be put out into stylesheets, we must
ask if we need any fixed forms at all (ie. the sylesheet can decide
what comprises a link, and what does not, and what the structure of
a link definition needs to be in order to be semantically interpretable).

I would say that for interoperability would be the main benefit.