Link Behaviors

>>o the primitives used to locate objects within it, traverse it, and
>transform it,

>Primitives?  Need to clarify.  Functions?

As far as I can tell, we need query functions, and the ability to specify a
few behaviors:

   Offer choice of options (menu or list as appropriate to display device)
   transclude content
   navigate, replacing current document,
   navigate, creating a new display area (as appropriate to display device)
   Highlight linkend (since it may not be in the markup, this cannot be
part of normal rendering)

   Can anyone think of any other link behavior we need?

>Proposals are needed.

  And starting, I think.

> To get the credibility needed for acceptance,
>not only the spec, but appendices on implementation and/or working
>code will be needed.

   I have not seen any suggestion that is remotely problematic enough to
necessitate this yet. It may happen, but not yet.

   -- David