Re: Anchors Aweigh

Len BUllard wrote:

   So far, this discussion seems to have only two alternatives:
   TEI or HyTime and HyTime is a standard which Eliot assures us
   is able to express TEI comfortably.

I'm sure it is, but will it be understandable by people who want to
implement systems using XML? I know many people with many decades
experience in the text and computing fields who have grave doubts
about getting HyTime understood, whereas the TEI extended pointer
notation is a concrete implementation which can be grasped in half an
hour.

I am by no means dismissing HyTime, but I really, badly want to be
convinced that an XML which uses it is going to be comprehensible by
the user and the implementor.

///Peter