Re: Hyperlinks: 3.3, agree with Martin; new req. 3.4, self-revealing links.

Per Tim's reasonable suggestion, I am breaking up my commentary message
into topical email-bites.

At 8:19 PM 12/19/96, Tim Bray wrote:

>3. Minimum Progress on Hyperlink Enhancement
>
>The minimum set of hyperlink constructs should:
>3.3 support addressing at least by URL and ID attribute, alone or
>    in combination.
And offset, of some sort. Martin is right about limitations of read-only
documents.

3.4 It must be possible to recognize links without a DTD. I think we can do
this easily. Simply specify that an document that wants to work without a
DTD should use the architectural form names as element names, or use
explicit attributes wherevet the AF is being used.

   -- David