Re: Trying to sum up a bit

[Tim Bray]

> 3. All non-markup bytes are signicant, whitespace or not (Durand)

[Gavin Nicol]

> Durand/Nicol/Maden

Not any more, I'm afraid.  If whitespace is data, there can be no
element content, and if it's SEPCHAR, then it'll be eaten by a
conforming parser.

I think this issue needs to be put on hold until hyperlinking
mechanisms have been defined.  If the specified mechanisms don't
change based on whitespace, this is irrelevant.  However, I have a
strong suspicion that any application with hyperlinking capabilities
will need to read the DTD.

-Chris
--
<!NOTATION SGML.Geek PUBLIC "-//GCA//NOTATION SGML Geek//EN">
<!ENTITY crism PUBLIC "-//EBT//NONSGML Christopher R. Maden//EN" SYSTEM