RE: Understanding the Paoli proposal

At 08:47 PM 12/13/96 -0800, Jean Paoli wrote:
>Your second question was about turning PRESERVE on an element-content.
>We have not discussed yet, if, in the case of adopting RE Delenda, we
>still -in XML- delete white spaces
>in element-content in a validating parser.

Well, this is what I'm really interested in. It is clear to me that the
non-validating parsers' whitespace handling will not really be useful for
mission critical data handling. When I care, such as in authoring tools and
databases, I will have to ask my vendors to supply validating parsers. I
need to know how whitespace there will be handled.

 Paul Prescod