An example of socats and nsgmls

I have know that there was URL storage manager in SP for quite awhile.  In
lookup for a better construct that networked-mapped drives and SGML
processing I decided to test it.  James has, again, done a wonderful job
and the URL storage manager gets things correct and it knows how to
understand base interpretation from *where* the socat came from.

I setup a small test document on our web server.  If you are interested in
seeing the SGML, go to:

   http://www.copsol.com/~lex

You will find three files:

CATALOG      (obvious)
blah.txt     (an entity)
simple.sgml  (an extremely simple document)

If you want to try it and you have nsgmls do the following:

nsgmls -m "<URL>http://www.copsol.com/~lex/CATALOG" "<URL>http://www.copsol.com/~lex/simple.sgml"

This is a basic example of relative paths to where the socat came from.  I
believe panorama does the same thing.

Please don't beat on my server.  Try it once.  Its not a very exciting document.

R. Alexander Milowski     http://www.copsol.com/   alex@copsol.com
Copernican Solutions Incorporated                  (612) 379 - 3608