Re: RS/RE, again (sorry)

Paul Prescod said:
> But existing DSSSL scripts will break, because they would not expect these
> pseudo-elements to be significant.

Well, both of the two existing DSSSL style sheets in the world :-) are
written for SGML DTDs that are not directly XML compatible, so that's
not a problem.

Furthermore, if you use DSSSL with an SGML parser, you'll get SGML
whitespace rules.  Since we haven't discussed the use of DSSSL with XML,
it could do anything it liked...

So this, although a good point, isn't an issue for XML.

> Every application that is currently based on an SGML parser will
> get a different parse tree from an XML parser.
Yes.  And that's fine.

Lee