[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CSS vs. DSSSL-O

Jon Bosak wrote:

> [Len Bullard:]
>
> | It would seem the first issue would be if designing
> | XML requires one to also design styles and hyperlinks.
> | For SGML, those are separate issues traditionally.
> | Why in XML are they not?
>
> You cannot have a high-end delivery vehicle for the Web unless you have
>
> 1. Structure
>
> 2. Hyperlinking
>
> 3. Presentational semantics.

Not at issue.  Structure has been resolved with some issues
remaining that need a Technical Corrigendum for SGML.
Hyperlinking is to be discussed next and the presentational
semantics are the last item.  Ok so far?

> These have been our three explicit deliverables since we started this
> activity.
>
> Please read the activity statement.

I have read the activity statement.  Why is that an obstacle to
a reasonable discussion of the questions I am raising?

len