Re: Feedback on the spec

| >> So let's lose the Space Handling bit.
| >
| >Amid much rejoicing in Toronto (and probablyu Japan)
|
| ... (too happy/shocked for words)

I wouldn't start dancing in the streets yet.  The -xml-space mechanism
came out of many, many hours of discussion in the ERB during which the
alternatives were discussed not just exhaustively but to the point of
literal exhaustion.  And this came after a long discussion of the RE
rules in the WG that can be found in the archives.  The final vote on
the language in the current draft was unanimous.  I haven't seen any
new information presented recently that would change this.  The fact
that Tim has changed his mind is interesting but in itself
procedurally insignificant.  If it is based on some new information
that was not present during the long discussions that have already
taken place on this subject, I would like a clear statement of that
new information and how it fundamentally changes the considerations
that went into the decision as it presently stands.

Jon