Re: (Repeat) Decision: C.4 (Predefined entities)

At 11:39 AM 11/13/96 -0500, Murray Maloney wrote:
>So, I unashemedly agree with Jon's request. An XML application
>should and must be capable of faithfully processing a well-defined
>and agreed set of named character entities, even in the absence
>of declarations for those named character entities.

Many people agree with that, Murray. But we also belive that they should not
be overridable in the document type declaration subset. If the XML spec is
going to allow internal entities at all (it is), then why can't the
predefined entities be overridable?

 Paul Prescod
---
Boycott Shell Oil worldwide!  http://www.web.apc.org/embargo/shell.htm

"Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel
said to be holding a watching brief."..."The ecological war that the Company
has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later." -Ken
Saro-Wiwa to the tribunal that later executed him.
http://www.goldmanprize.org/goldman/ken.html