D.2 DTD summaries (a la NSGML)?
On 30 October 1996, the ERB will vote to decide the following
question. A straw poll indicates the question needs further
discussion in the work group.
D.2 Should XML provide shorthand ways of summarizing the salient
points a document's DTD?
* empty elements
* mixed-content or element-content elements
* required attributes
* default attribute values
* identity of ID and IDREF(S) attributes
* identity of CONREF attributes (if allowed)
* D.2 a. Should such short-hand summaries be required?
* D.2 b. Allowed in place of DTDs?
* D.2 c. Allowed in addition to DTDs?
* D.2 d. If so, is inconsistency between the DTD and the summary
* D.2.e. A reportable error?