Re: ERB decisions on A.17, B.9, and other questions

>Why can't you build your mechanism using normal elements
>
><!ENTITY foo '<glyph unicode="XXX" glyphid="XXXX" charid="XXXX"/>'>
>
>?  I don't find the argument that "my DTD may not have a glyph element" very
>convincing: most SGML DTDs are certainly going to need modifying to
>support XML.

You *could* do this, but it is semantically incorrect in my books. It
is also a less interoperable solution (all systems would know that
SDATA was something special, but not all would necessarily know that
<glyph> was to be replaced by characters). Also, the *requirement* of
DTD changes/additional is not one to be ignored either.