Re: C.4 Undeclared entities?

Charles Goldfarb wrote:

> My point is stronger than that, Jon. The maximally precise DTD is the one that
> pops out of the void. If XML wants something different, it had better spell
out
> the rules for constructing it, rather than leaving it to the application or
> stylesheet or browser to do so.

Actually, I would expect nothing to pop out of the void.

In my opinion, DTDs *must* not required to process XML (version 1.0) documents.
If we state the opposite, we're left with SGML and this discussion has been for
naught. Worse, we could state that "the maximally precise DTD" is used. This
introduces a level of ambiguity that even SGML has managed to avoid. We should
as well.